Monday, September 10, 2012

Birchbox Shop: DDF Brightening Cleanser + amika Obliphica Nourishing Hair Mask


Hi there!

Wow, is it September already? Sorry kids. School is in session. But on a good side, fall is coming soon, which means (thank goodness!) that it will less hot out. I don't have to be afraid to go out in the burning hot daylight.   
   
Anyways, I have bad news. I am no longer subscribed to Birchbox. Even though I love getting samples, I think the problem lies in the fact that I only find at least 1 to 2 products useful from the samples they give. For example, I put I have uncolored hair and I have acne/pigmentation I want to get ride off. I also prefer skincare more than makeup. Yet, they gave me hair treatment for colored hair. Didn't give me the DDF brightening cleanser, which would have been so useful. I also got makeup in my box more than skin care. Most of the samples I received, I always end up giving it to my sister or my friends. I do wish they look at my profile and really try to fit my taste. But I guess I am asking too much. 

So, I used my Birchbox points (100points =$10) to purchase a sample pack from their shop. I got to pick the samples I really wanted/needed. You can check them out below. =]

*The product mention below include a skincare product, therefore, it is best to read my skin profile first because the product may not cater to your liking*






DDF Brightening Cleanser (sample size)
Full bottle: $38/ 250ml

Its' clear in color but will foam when using water. It doesn't as form as the Korean brand face wash.

Pros: It shrinks some of my acnes and some of my scars seem a bit lighter after 3 uses. Smells good. Doesn't irritate my skin.

Cons. Really drys out my skin. Especially my cheeks and around the mouth. The product does not foam as much. My face feels slippery when washing it off with water. (Which might be the reason why my face is dry from all the over washing)

Advice: I do not recommend this for my dry skin peeps out there. But if you have acne scar and have dry skin, use Korean brands whitening skincare lines. They tends to have more oil in their whitening products. MAKE SURE you MOSTURIZE after the use of this product.

My usage: I used it mostly nighttime. I switched off my washer with proactive acne cleanser.


amika Obliphica Nourishing Hair Mask (sample size)
Full bottle: $40/500ml


The color is same as any hair masks, which is white. It smells like pina colada therefore, it has a very sweet scent.

Pros: Smells good. Makes my hair super soft (I just put them in my dry ends).

Cons: None so far. Well...I guess the price is a lot for a hair mask. 

My usage: After shampoo. I apply them to my dry ends. Wait a few minutes, then rinse it off with water.

Anyways, that is all. Enjoy your rest of the day/night/evening or what ever you are doing. =) 

Thanks for reading!
Stay happy and keep on smiling! 

The Lively Mango 

No comments:

Post a Comment